Peter J. Markou, Treasurer
Greene County Treasurer
Greene County Office Building, 4th Floor
411 Main Street POB 191
Catskill, NY 12414
Executive Fiscal Administrator/Deputy Treasurer
Director of Administrative Services & Accounting
Director of Taxes
General Tax Inquiries E: firstname.lastname@example.org
The last day to submit payment for your January county/town tax bill to your Town is the last week of July. Please call your Town Tax Collector for more information.
The next annual County foreclosure auction is scheduled for September 10, 2015. The last day to redeem your parcel from the auction is July 9, 2015.
Unpaid 2014 school and village taxes have been relevied to your county/town tax bill sent out January 1, 2015.
The Treasurer’s Office is responsible for recording and reporting the financial condition of the County in accordance with guidelines set forth by Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and directives of the New York State Office of the Comptroller and it is responsible for ensuring County compliance with pronouncements of the Government Accounting Standards Board.
In accordance with New York State Real Property Tax Law, it is responsible for the enforcement and collection of delinquent property and school taxes. The Treasurer’s office is also charged with maintaining internal controls and is at times accountable to the Office of the New York State Comptroller, the Internal Revenue Service and the agencies that provide the County with grant funds.
As steward of the public’s funds, it invests County funds securely and conservatively while at the same time maximizing interest earned. The Treasurer’s office is committed to implementing strong cyber security safeguards to provide protective coverage of the County’s financial assets.
Additional services include the following:
- The issuance of certificates of residence.
- The receipt and distribution of the mortgage tax to local municipalities.
- The maintenance of bail funds.
- The maintenance of court and trust fund monies.
- Collection of delinquent tax payments.
- The annual County Public Auction.
- The issuance of financial statements.
- Providing assistance in the preparation of the County’s annual financial audit.
- Certifications for paid taxes for sub-divisions.
- Processing the County Payroll.