Edward I. Kaplan, Esq.
Greene County Attorney
411 Main Street
Catskill NY, 12414
Mon-Fri: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Summer Hours (June-August): 9:00am – 4:30pm
The Office of the County attorney is organized to provide legal services to the Greene County Legislature, the County Administrator and the various departments, boards and commissions of the County government.
Those services include:
- General counsel/municipal law
- Contract review and preparation
- Labor relations
- Fulfillment of statutory mandates in Family Court
- Juvenile Delinquency/Persons in Need of Supervision practice
- Defense or presentation of civil litigation on behalf of the County and its officials
- Taxation and finance
- Real property tax foreclosure & delinquent tax installment agreements
- Real property and land use issues
- Prosecution of local law violations
The Department of Law seeks to maximize the recovery of monies to which the County is entitled and to minimize the County’s liabilities. Our mission is to accomplish this in the most cost effective manner possible. This Department represents the County’s officers, boards, departments, agencies, and employees. We give legal advice and opinions to County officials. This Department reviews and prepares the County’s contracts and legislation. Its lawyers represent the County in trials, appeals and administrative proceedings. This Department also prosecutes cases in Family Court involving support, child abuse and juvenile delinquency.
The County Attorney’s Office does not represent private County residents or businesses. We do not give out legal advice or attorney referrals. We will, however, direct you to the correct County Department or official if you have a question or a problem.